Charles Loretto, 5 CE - These classes are intended for members of ISOS
Industry trends are dramatically impacting the orthodontic market. With private equity offers more prevalent, as an owner, you must decide how to maximize the largest asset you typically own—your practice. In this session, speaker Charles Loretto will discuss how valuations and transitions can impact your long-term financial plan.
Orthodontic participants will receive a thorough outline of considerations to analyze when contemplating the value of their orthodontic practice, and the new set of expectations when transitioning into or out of the practice. Charles will help you stay ahead of the game by outlining the key imperatives to understand during this unique crossroad in your financial plan. He will dive deep into tax and pension planning strategies, working with pediatric dentists, owning real estate and ultimately building a financial plan that can get you and your family closer to their goals.
Using case studies from his experience, Charles will lift the veil on the calculation private equity and DSOs use to value orthodontic practices. With newfound clarity, participants will leave this session confident that they understand both sides of the value story and what’s needed to make the most informed decision.
FINANCIAL LEARNING OBJECTIVES:
- Determine how to minimize social security taxes, state and federal taxes as the owner
- Measuring your orthodontic practice with the right monitors so you can compete
- Discover the advantages of saving in a tax-deferred environment
- Learn the importance of having a vision when following a personal and business financial plan
- Discussion on the real estate and how to effectively plan with that entity
VALUATION AND TRANSITION LEARNING OBJECTIVES:
- The value of the orthodontic practice based on the market value and income approach
- How does Private Equity or a DSO value your EBITDA as the orthodontist
- Case studies of practices that sold to PE or DSO groups
- What numbers would support an associate in the practice
- Step-by-step process from the associate to the equity owner
- How does a staggered sale in orthodontics impact your value
- What percentage of the practice do you buy or sell
- Discover how much income you will have to give up when you bring in a partner
Intended Audience: Orthodontists
Sponsored by the Idaho State Orthodontic Society