Many dentists and practice owners work their tails off in the dental practice. They spend money on marketing to attract more new patients. Suddenly, they have to add more team members for support. Overhead goes up. They continually invest in training, technology and new procedures. No surprise, overhead continues to climb. Before they know it, they're treading water and despite all the hard work, there's nothing left in the bank.
The lie of “hard work” is hurting dentists. Plenty of dentists who have worked very hard have never reached a state of sustained profitability. Rather, sustainable levels of profit are the result of methodical planning and execution—not luck, and not “hard work” alone.
The shocking truth is that traditional accounting (profit last) is killing your business.
In this course, Barb Stackhouse, the first Certified Mastery Level Profit First Coach for dentists, shares the critical techniques and shifts in thinking that are necessary to create a dental practice profit engine. Gain a proven, sustainable plan to manage your financial future that can help you get out from under the crush of debt once and for all.
Learn an approach that helps you work less hours, increase revenue, decrease overhead and still provide an amazing patient experience. This approach consistently increases profits by 10%, requires no additional advertising spend and empowers dentists to pay themselves more, without sacrificing the stability and longevity of the practice.
- Recognize the transformative role of mindsets and how to shift from old belief patterns
- Understand how traditional profit last accounting methods harms dental practices
- Discuss the roles of accountability, focus, action, and blindspots in creating a profitable practice
- Pinpoint the essential practice monitors, how to set up a chart of accounts, and how to track and evaluate them
- Explore a spending plan and highlight how to set healthy operating expenses
- Discover a new way to manage time that eliminates “busy-ness” and puts you back in control
- Realize how to wipe out debt your business may be carrying even if you’ve been struggling to pay it down for years
- Gain systems for “economy-proofing” the practice.
- Discover why and how taking your profit first could be the ticket to financial freedom that you're looking for.
Conflict of Interest Disclosure: Barbara Stackhouse is a consultant for More to Life, a dental consulting business.
Intended Audience: Dentist