Provider Relief Fund is now open for round 3 of funding. Find more information HERE
Phase 3 will impact:
- Newly eligible: Dentists who began practicing January 1 – March 30, 2020.
- Add-on Payment: All dentists who previously received, rejected or accepted payment from the PRF can submit more information to become eligible for an additional payment.
- Corrections: All dentists who previously received, rejected or accepted a PRF payment and did not receive approximately 2% of annual revenues from patient care will now receive this amount, plus their Phase 3 allocation.
The ISDA and the ADA strongly encourages ALL dentists to apply for the Provider Relief Fund distribution. Distributions are up to 2% of your TOTAL annual revenue, not Medicaid revenue. This is a GRANT, not a loan. Dr. Wagers stated it took her just a couple of hours to complete the application and that it was “well worth the time.” The process is relatively simple – but it does require a couple of steps and must be filed by September 13.
The ADA has also provided a FREE WEBINAR to assist dental providers with their applications to the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services’ Enhanced Provider Relief Fund Payment Portal . They will also discuss labor laws and how they apply to dental offices during COVID-19.
- The one-hour webinar, Updates on COVID-19: Provider Relief Fund and Labor Laws, is worth 1.25 hours of continuing education credit.
- For more information about the Provider Relief Fund, the ADA has created an FAQ on popular Provider Relief Fund questions the Association has received from dentists.
Again, this is open to all dentists!
Application deadline extended (7/31/20)
The Provider Relief Fund Payment Portal is open to eligible Medicaid, CHIP, and dental providers. The portal allows providers to apply for payments made for healthcare-related expenses or lost revenue attributable to COVID-19. Eligible providers may receive a reimbursement up to 2% of their annual reported patient revenue. The deadline to apply was recently extended to Friday, August 28th .
Note: The applicant type is DE.
Technical Assistance Webcast
Frequently Asked Questions
Provider Support Line at (866) 569-3522
NEW! HHS Updates on Provider Relief Fund for Dentists (7/23/20)
Many of you have already applied and the number one concern we’ve heard has been about accepting the Terms and Conditions on balance billing
, also known as surprise billing. The ADA worked with HHS to set the record straight and they’ve now clarified that:
- Dental providers who are not caring for patients with presumptive or actual cases of COVID-19 are not subject to balance billing prohibitions. ‘Presumptive’ is defined as a case where a patient's medical record documentation supports a diagnosis of COVID-19.
- HHS thinks few, if any, dentists are performing dental work on active COVID patients. So, there should be very few dental patients covered by this bar.
- Qualifying for payment from the PRF has to do with past treatment earlier this year when HHS broadly viewed every patient as a possible case of COVID-19. Balance billing prohibitions apply only to treating current active COVID-19 patients with a medical record that supports a diagnosis of COVID-19.
- For those concerned about reporting requirements, HHS did release a notice stating that detailed instructions regarding future reports will be released by August 17 and will apply to payments exceeding $10,000 in the aggregate from the PRF.
- The reporting system will become available to recipients for reporting on October 1, 2020. The reports will allow providers to demonstrate compliance with the terms and conditions, including use of funds for allowable purposes.
- Recipients of PRF payments do not need to submit a separate quarterly report to HHS or the Pandemic Response Accountability Committee.
- There are plans by HHS to provide recipients with Question and Answer (Q&A) Sessions via webinar in advance of the submission deadline.
Webinars and Other Help Available
- HHS is hosting a webinar for dentists and Medicaid/CHIP providers to learn more about the application process. Register now. The webinar will be held on Monday, July 27, 2020 at 3pm ET.
- ADA is also hosting a webinar. Register Now. This webinar will educate dentists on the PRF as well as Small Business Administration (SBA) loans and updates on Congressional activity. This webinar will be held on Tuesday, July 28, 2020 at 8pm ET.
- HHS instructions are available to act as a guide in applying to the PRF.
- Read the recent ADA News article where Dr. Phillip Fijal, chair, Council on Government Affairs, has a conversation on his application process and gives helpful tips. The article also reviews eligibly requirements to apply.
Terms and FAQs
The ADA is proud to support dentists as they return to serving their communities. Together, we are driving dentistry forward on its path to recovery. Be sure to visit ADA.org/COVID19Advocacy for regular updates