Medical-Dental Collaboration and Oral Health Integration 101: A National Perspective and an Idaho Update, Dr. Steve Geiermann, 3 CE
In this changing healthcare environment, collaboration is essential to move forward an interdisciplinary approach to patient care, both within and outside of the clinic; though some still see this as competition. Come and see how to build, nurture and sustain such partnerships. Imagine how diverse clinicians can support each other’s goals, while looking to improve overall patient health. What role does the patient play in this networking? Where do the public and private sectors interface in support? Where are we going to find the additional resources needed to build this infrastructure? These concepts of are gaining momentum across the nation, and the Idaho Oral Health Alliance (IOHA) is championing these efforts for Idahoans. Dr. Steve Geiermann with the American Dental Association will update us on this national movement and Idaho representatives will share our state’s progression and opportunities to join the efforts.
- Envision creative ways to promote an interdisciplinary approach to health care to patients and fellow providers.
- Create supportive means of coordinating services among diverse disciplines and among the public and private sectors.
- Engage outside resources to support an interdisciplinary approach to healthcare.
- Hear about successful Idaho oral health integration efforts and different models for collaboration and integration that have been spearheaded by medical providers.
- Get an update on the IOHA Dentist Matching Service pilot project.
Intended Audience: Entire Team
Sponsored by ICD & the Idaho Oral Health Program